Page 1 of 1

HFA, again

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:46 pm
by wolfe
Given the choice of reducing the HFA to 7 points or keeping it at 10 points per game, what are everyone's preferences now?

This is, of course, a precursor to another official vote.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:58 pm
by wolfe
Interesting. I haven't looked at this in a while.

season,total_score
1998 215.143
1999 262.64
2000 274.181
2001 276.447
2002 299.319
2003 318.328

Weird. Scores have been increasing every year. Which means HFA is less and less of a factor. Take it for what it is worth.

(Scores are for MTFFL I, but MTFFL II reflect a similar trend)

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:03 pm
by wolfe
Me again!

My bad. I just analyzed my methods. The numbers were obtained by using the formula:
(sum(home_score)+sum(away_score))/(88)
Where 88 is the (14 regular season weeks * 6 games) + (2 post season weeks * 2 games).
I forgot that we added games for everyone in the post season last year. The correct number for 2003 is 291.801 (for MTFFL I; 291.628 for MTFFL II)

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:55 pm
by Jonathan S.
What are everyone's? What is everyone's? Where's the zero option?

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:58 pm
by Agitator
woh jeff.....nice formula.........i vote to change it to 7......it's still something, and i like some type of home field advantage ....that is what i like about this league

Posted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:04 am
by The Guru
this is john....if the choice is 10 or 7...give me 7. i do like the idea of having the championship game being neutral with no HFA.