TE Explosion
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:18 pm
This morning on ESPN's show, John Madden did a segment about how tight ends are being more productive this season. So I did a little investigating with our fantasy numbers.
In the previous six years, only one tight end averaged over 10 fantasy points per game, Gonzales 10.9 in 2000.
This season we have 3 TE's averaging over 11 points per game, Gates, Gonzales & Witten. Numbers this high makes them as productive as a top 20 receiver.
Over the previous 6 seasons the NFL average for TE's has been a consistent 3% of all team fantasy points. This season it is at 4%.
I'm sure this is no surprise to everyone else because I've noticed a lot of teams using TE's this year.
In the previous six years, only one tight end averaged over 10 fantasy points per game, Gonzales 10.9 in 2000.
This season we have 3 TE's averaging over 11 points per game, Gates, Gonzales & Witten. Numbers this high makes them as productive as a top 20 receiver.
Over the previous 6 seasons the NFL average for TE's has been a consistent 3% of all team fantasy points. This season it is at 4%.
I'm sure this is no surprise to everyone else because I've noticed a lot of teams using TE's this year.