Page 1 of 3
Bittersweet Wildcard
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:34 pm
by wolfe
Only three times in previous history has a team won the division while having someone in their division outscore them.
I say this just to pick on the Feagle Eagles.
2003 (as of now):
Cookeville Critters 8-4 PF=1881.2
Sheffield Feagle Eagles 7-5 PF=1962.2 (leading Wildcard by about 100 pts)
2002:
Novi Yankees 10-4 PF=2121.9
Z-Town Zippers 8-6 PF=2300.2 (made wildcard)
2001:
Cookeville Critters 9-5 PF=2082.9
Sheffield Feagle Eagles 8-6 PF=2148.9 (made wildcard)
1998:
Z-Town Zippers 10-4 PF=1508.9
Novi Yankees 7-7 PF=1528.2 (did not make wildcard)
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:37 pm
by wolfe
I forgot to mention my division this year:
Z-Town Zippers 9-3 PF=1797.8
Nashville Salamanders 7-5 PF=1868.9 (100 pts behind Sheffield)
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:38 pm
by Oompa Midgets
not so fast...
the eagles have come back and won their game...i know the critters own the tie-breaker, but there r 2 games remaining!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:44 pm
by wolfe
Oops! I should pay attention to the game and not flip channels.
So let's poke at me for leading my division by 2 games and being behind by 70 points!
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:45 pm
by Oompa Midgets
the critters have a 4-0 division record with the eagles at 3-1 with their only loss to the critters!
the critters play at the eagles next week!!!
a eagles victory would tie them in the division, head-to-head, and then division points would be really really close...
I THINK WE ALREADY HAVE A WINNER FOR GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:48 pm
by wolfe
They have my vote!
(Are we in Ukraine?)
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:12 am
by Jonathan S.
Go Feagle Eagles!!!
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:16 am
by Jonathan S.
Well, I hate to say this, but I would not have minded losing last night by HFA. That would have been my second loss of the season to HFA. Why, you might ask? Because Will, is pulling for me to win my division so he can get in as the wildcard. So, with all probability (after a loss last night) I would have taken the wildcard spot he desperately covets. THE POINT is...Will would not have made the playoffs because of HFA. Still could happen if I don't win the division.
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:50 pm
by bilyeuofbaxter
Also its 2004 Jeff.
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:14 pm
by wolfe
Also it's "it's", David.