Page 1 of 2

scoring addition...

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:19 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i think we need to give points for receptions!
i believe u should get half a point for a reception...
i just think it could even out the WRs with the RBs a little...
what do u guys think???

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:47 pm
by bstock
rb's get 1/2 a point for a reception?

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:53 pm
by Oompa Midgets
anyone who makes a reception gets .5 points...
most receivers have more catches than RBs...

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:21 am
by Jonathan S.
Not sure how I feel about that. I guess I will wait for everyone else to opine, and then I will take the least popular position as usual.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:06 am
by woody
I think I like that idea.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:14 pm
by Oompa Midgets
another addition suggestion:

kickers are outcasts in our fantasy league, but i know a way to make them more valuable!!!

simply count their yardage of the field goal, and multiply it like our offensive yardage...example (48-yard FG = 4.8 points)

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!
WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK???
kickers are normally worthless, but this would make them more valuable!
i know some teams have gone thru the entire draft w/o drafting a kicker and this would stop that!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:39 pm
by bstock
YOUR A GENIUS!

what about placekickers, the water boy, cheerleaders, and the groundskeeper? how can we get them more valuable?

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:44 pm
by Jonathan S.
I VOTE for cheerleaders

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:20 pm
by The Guru
I like adding the distance of the fieldgoal in somehow.. Cheerleaders too... How about the Chain gang... you know they are not being represented like they should ..keeping the chains at the correct distance is very crucial.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:10 pm
by wolfe
Well, anyway, back to the original subject.

The only thing I don't like about the proposed scoring change is that it breaks a precedence that positions earn different points. Currently all players earn the same points regardless of position.