Page 1 of 2

MyFantasyLeague.com . . . again

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:06 pm
by wolfe
Remember this post about switching to FLM's on-line site, MyFantasyLeague.com, viewtopic.php?t=679 ?

The more I think about this, the more I think it would work better for the league, since there seems to be increasing expectations to provide real-time on-line stat updates. There doesn't appear to be an effort from the FLM people to update their desktop software to do automatic updates because they are relying on their on-line service to fill that gap. The auto-updating tools I was using on game days is not supported by FLM and will probably become outdated and not work with the FLM software in the future. (I won't be able to test compatibility until pre-season).

I don't think our rules are too complicated for this system. I will, of course, maintain MTFFL.com FOREVER. Which means MTFFL.com will just be a gateway to whatever interface we use. We can continue to use the Smack Room, Game of the Week (GOW), historical records and other features hosted on MTFFL.com.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:43 pm
by wolfe
I'm surprised that I haven't received any feedback on this.
Is no one interested in actual real time scoring updates? If it isn't too important I would prefer not to convert to MyFantasyLeague.com's site.

I'm only going to 4 Titans games this year (Weeks 4, 6, 12 & 14) and will be updating the stats for the other weeks.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:45 pm
by Oompa Midgets
who r u splitting ur tickets with???

i say do it!
does it cost more?
is it any easier on u?
what features would we lose???

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:09 pm
by wolfe
The cost is big change. Since we've missed all the early bird savings, it will cost $90 per league. We currently pay $40 for the FLM software to operate both leagues (see http://mtffl.com/costbreakdown.htm) Their service is still much cheaper than others. I just paid $130 for a fantasy league at work with CBS Sportsline.

The big advantage of using the site is the scoring is updated every 90 seconds and don't require me to upload any stats or roster changes.

Any feature not offered on the site would still be hosted here.

Check out MTFFL: http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/78511
MTFFL II: http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/84360
Demo League: http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/30078

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:28 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i am currently playing in another league on that site and i personally think ours is much better...but this would eliminate a few problems such as live scoring and lineup changes would be easier...
we have made it 7 years w/o live scoring so i believe that the big cost change is not worth it...
i know this would make it easier on commish, so i will go with whatever everyone else wants...

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:34 pm
by Oompa Midgets
what are our log-ins so we can see what the site has to offer???

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:37 pm
by wolfe
To have your password sent to you, click the Login link in the upper right hand side of the page. Then choose your team and click the "Email Me My Password" button. It will send the password to the e-mail address I used to set up your team.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:06 pm
by Oompa Midgets
ok, i did that but it said it could take up to 2 hours...

how would this cost affect our payouts?

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:20 pm
by Oompa Midgets
i was looking at their rules and it looks like they support everything we do!

also wolfe, u get $10 off when u do 2 leagues and u get a t-shirt...not much, but every lil bit helps!!!
and if we like the site it would only cost $60 each next year!!!

do they do keeper leagues???

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:28 pm
by wolfe
Yes. We can do keeper leagues. It will remember our previous league years. When we start a new year it will copy all team, roster and league settings to the new year.