Page 1 of 2
Who gives a shit about hockey?
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:02 pm
by wolfe
Is anyone paying attention to Predators hockey down there in Tennessee?
Slow day at work and I was checking the free agent movement. Are the Preds trying to retain Legwand? I hope not. Overpaid and underachieved. I checked the Tennessean website and I didn't see any mention about which way the club was leaning on "Wonder Boy".
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:42 pm
by Oompa Midgets
have the Preds even signed anyone that was recently cut???
everyone else in the division is signing players...
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:00 pm
by Jonathan S.
keeping Legwand
rumors were abound that the Preds were talking with Lindros (what a mistake that would be)
David Poille has said that they would wait until the market settles; WELL GUESS WHAT, the MARKET HAS SETTLED. Karyia and others are out there.
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:12 pm
by wolfe
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:21 pm
by Agitator
not a bad signing
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:33 pm
by Oompa Midgets
that is a great addition for the Preds!!!
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:53 pm
by Oompa Midgets
that is awesome, but why just for 2 years???
maybe hockey works a bit differently, i am not sure bout the details...
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:21 pm
by Oompa Midgets
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:33 am
by wagordy
I was just shocked at the deal. He is not even the highest paid on the team. This will drive some ticket sales. And I have also heard that this Markov guy we got in the trade from Philly is pretty good as well.
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:40 pm
by woody
I, for one am quite excited about Kariya! I watched a little bit of the draft a few weeks ago and the announcers were saying they thought the Preds had the strongest young defensive core in the NHL. And this was before signing Markov or drafting 3 d-men. As they say, "Defense wins championships."