For non-NFL sports. As if they mattered.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 pm
Who's gonna win the Derby? Invasor has won 3.9 million this season and Nobiz Like Shobiz is getting some hype. If someone can tell me who's gonna win I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:59 pm
They draw for post position on Wednesday. I'll let you know then.
Just don't bet on #3. Or crazy #7.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269 Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control
Post
by bstock » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:05 pm
The Queen of England will be there.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:56 pm
I hope crazy #7 runs over the figurehead. Down with monarchy!
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955 Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC
Post
by Jonathan S. » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:01 pm
God save the Queen.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 pm
She's just a figurehead.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 am
Ok. I've done some more research and my favorites are Circular Quay, Street Sense and Nobiz Like Shobiz. Curlin is a favorite by many "experts", but Curlin has a lot of history against winning the Derby. Only 3 career starts, no horse has won KD with that few starts since 1915. Did not race as a 2 year old, no horse has won KD since 1882 that did not race as a 2 year old. Curlin did win the Arkansas derby by 10 1/2 lengths, but it was one of the slowest paces in something like 20 years.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955 Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC
Post
by Jonathan S. » Wed May 02, 2007 11:20 am
Don't blow all your money. What did you lose at Keeneland? I lost track, no pun intended, it was almost too damn cold to drink beer.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 am
"Eat you betting money, don't bet you eating money", comes to mind.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Wed May 02, 2007 3:12 pm
Two things I'm going to hate on Saturday:
#1 - the Queen. Don't give a shit. Never have.
#2 - Barbaro. Dead horse. Don't beat it.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.