revisiting old rule changes.....

New rules and discussion of rule changes.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

revisiting old rule changes.....

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

I totally agree with what Shane said last year about the draft....I like the idea of just 15 or 16 rounds. Also I think instead of cutting the teams to 23 wouldnt cutting the savers to 5 have more of an impact?? I have even seen leagues where you could save players but there was a cap on how long you could have them, like 3 years and then you had to trade them or let them go. I know HFA will be up for vote it always is. Just thought I would be the first to start the discussions this year!!
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

fuck that
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

ummmm..fuck which part exactly.....
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

all of it!
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

come on Anthony!! I know you cant stand at least giving some suggestions....well...besides "fuck it all"!!
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

I agree with Anferney.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I've long been a fan of "contracts" so players are returned to the draft pool after 3 or so years.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

it is just kinda hard to incorporate that once a league is already running...i guess we could start it from today, but i'm still not sure how i'd feel about that
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

I hate the idea of it. Not a fan.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Post by wagordy »

Don't like the contracts at all. I am still up for position loimits or a reductin in the roster size.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
Post Reply