Increase competition? This is not a welfare state. I have been successful because of my own personal ability to play this game, not because someone bent some rules to make it less difficult for me to succeed.
If you want to increase competition, then run a damn good operation. Here's an example: John and Woody decreased the gap with their play last year, they didn't get any handouts to "increase competition."
revisiting old rule changes.....
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
I hasten back to Anthony's comment...I get tired of this shit every year. Slight rules changes are fine with me, but drastically changing THIS game is not kosher.
I can somewhat empathize with Will now because of his fascination with HFA, but only sometwhat.
I can somewhat empathize with Will now because of his fascination with HFA, but only sometwhat.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Distributed fairly? Did I unfairly garner them? What a ridiculous comment. If you're playing devil's advocate, it's not appropriate here and now.
I've drafted and traded and frozen whom I've chosen, I DID NOT build my team unfairly. Explain your definition of inequity.
Evyerone in this league has been playing by the same rules. DEFINE UNFAIR DISTRIBUTION. It has nothing to do with my success.
I've drafted and traded and frozen whom I've chosen, I DID NOT build my team unfairly. Explain your definition of inequity.
Evyerone in this league has been playing by the same rules. DEFINE UNFAIR DISTRIBUTION. It has nothing to do with my success.
Last edited by Jonathan S. on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Oh very nice comeback. I'm the asshole here? Thanks once again, Ernie. Maybe you should at least play the game before making suggestions?
Your opinion was requested concerning HFA. I don't recall Anthony requesting anything else of you.
Your opinion was requested concerning HFA. I don't recall Anthony requesting anything else of you.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
You are inferring that I accused you of cheating? Not the case. I'm just saying there is nothing wrong in reviewing and tweaking our rules from time to time.
I just left a company where it was a daily battle of old versus new. Long time employees were entrenched in bad business practices and inefficient processes and none of use "new" people could convince anyone to make any changes. There is nothing wrong with fresh perspectives. At what point in a new owner's career is he allowed to have an opinion?
I just left a company where it was a daily battle of old versus new. Long time employees were entrenched in bad business practices and inefficient processes and none of use "new" people could convince anyone to make any changes. There is nothing wrong with fresh perspectives. At what point in a new owner's career is he allowed to have an opinion?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
eazye187
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm
- Name: Ernie Goens
- MTFFL: Eazy's Rockers *2015*
I don't recall saying that anyone was an asshole. I was merely defending myself and my opinions. Can't we have opinions? And last time I checked, my "new owner" vote doesn't count any more or less than anyone else's when it comes to rule changes.Jonathan S. wrote:Oh very nice comeback. I'm the asshole here? Thanks once again, Ernie. Maybe you should at least play the game before making suggestions?
HFA is like coin toss in OT, Can't really control it, but it's something that we have to deal with. Doesn't bother me. Makes it a bit more realistic. The good teams will overcome it, the lesser teams will not. There.. My opinion on HFA, since that's all that was asked for..Your opinion was requested concerning HFA. I don't recall Anthony requesting anything else of you.
Ernie
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
I didn't infer that you were accusing me of cheating. I'm wanting your opinion on the unfair distribution of players. Explain. Or was it merely you playing devil's advocate as you so often do?
Ernie, you are welcome to your opinions, but how about actually playing the game before you suggest enacting drastic rules changes? That seems fair, and it might actually validate your opinion on certain aspects of our game.
Ernie, you are welcome to your opinions, but how about actually playing the game before you suggest enacting drastic rules changes? That seems fair, and it might actually validate your opinion on certain aspects of our game.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC