For non-NFL sports. As if they mattered.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:22 pm
consider this the new Nashville hockey thread. My first pre-season game and they won.
Last edited by
wolfe on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:44 am
I'm very excited/nervous about this upcoming season. I have to say last night encouraging. Zidlicky with 3 points, the old and young guys looked good and both goalies were effective. Cody Franson had a big hit, but he has some work to do with puck control and passing at the blue line. Tootoo is still undisciplined, reckless and showed no signs of the scoring prowess he promised.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:13 am
8 days before opening day! What record do you guys think the Preds will have this season? Do you think they'll meet the attendance mark of 14,000 paid per game? Here are my predictions.
45-29-8 98
14,100
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759 Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen
Post
by Agitator » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:21 am
13,999
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269 Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control
Post
by bstock » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:26 am
14,001
The actual retail price is... Come On Down! You're the next contestant on The Stanley Cup!
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:27 am
Single game prices in the lower bowl are pretty high this season, $95 for attack twice lower bowl! I won't be sitting down low in too many games.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955 Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC
Post
by Jonathan S. » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:04 pm
I think 98 points is a little high. I think they'll surpass the 14,000 attendance mark.
The lower bowl has been selling briskly.
I predict 40-31-11 for 91 points.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:44 pm
So, you think we are going to miss the playoffs? 91 points would have been good for 10th last season in the west. With the shootouts their are lost more points to go around. That gray mare just ain't what she used to be, 100 pts.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955 Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC
Post
by Jonathan S. » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:20 pm
That was last year. 91 points may or may not get us in. I didn't comment on the playoffs; just predicted how many points I think we'll get.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269 Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control
Post
by bstock » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:12 pm
great. wonderful. it's all jinxed.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease