Keeper Position Limit?
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Then exercise your right to vote against it if it comes to a vote.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Another pugnacious outburst by Smallwood. Your objection has been noted.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
-
bilyeuofbaxter
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
- Name: David Bilyeu
- MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
- Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Sounds like a good plan to me.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Could it be because you have more than 2 WR you'd like to keep?!?wagordy wrote:Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
I would vote against it as well. I agree with Jonathon. We have 7 keepers and we should be allowed to dispense those however we may choose. If anything were to change, I would prefer a limit on the length of time you can have a player. Whether it be 3 years or whatever. That would essentially do the same thing you proposed Anthony and make the draft "more interesting". Someone would either have to trade Peyton Manning or just drop him to be taken in the draft etc etc. Doing things this way would add all sorts of different dimensions to the game.
...The Legend
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
And Bingo was his name-o!Oompa Midgets wrote:Could it be because you have more than 2 WR you'd like to keep?!?wagordy wrote:Ok.... I've thought it over. Don't like it.
That and I like the league how it is really. But if it was implemented I wouldnt be too upset.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Okay, expect more domination from the Loompas!
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
Yeah, your proposal would only make this league more competitive for you...enjoy your dominance and sorry that we're not up to the challenge of competing against the Oompas.Oompa Midgets wrote:Okay, expect more domination from the Loompas!
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
Re: Keeper Position Limit?
I like it, mainly because I've always been shallow at RB. It's taken me 3-4 years to get one or two halfway decent RBs. It's frustrating to see someone who is fairly deep at that position freeze 4-5 of them year after year, despite the fact that you can't start that many. On the other hand, I understand that everyone has equal ability to draft well and hold on to players who perform consistently, but in the interest of a more competitive league, I'm open to making some type of change.
What about setting some sort of freeze limit that is commensurate (sp?) with how many players can be started in any one position? I.e. a team can only freeze one QB, since you cannot start more than one QB...
What about setting some sort of freeze limit that is commensurate (sp?) with how many players can be started in any one position? I.e. a team can only freeze one QB, since you cannot start more than one QB...
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!