Helmets/Logos/Images

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by wolfe »

What are your thoughts on the helmet images that we've been using forever? Think it's time to freshen up our team logos?

I know at least one of you troglodytes will say, "Don't change anything. Leave it the way it is." But I'm bored with the way the site looks and it needs a makeover.

One of the settings on MFL is to replace the team name with an image on the reports. I like the idea of doing this. I've been playing around with the settings to get a good balance between nice looking images and page length. When I use the full helmet size - which is usually 140px X 114px - the page becomes about 3 screens long. I can shrink the images to what ever size I specify, but then you can hardly see any detail on the helmet.

What if I remake all the images so they are just the logo and not on the helmet? Sort of a cropped logo like this:
Image

Or just an updated image with the helmet/logo and the team name on it like these
Image Image
Image
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by bstock »

I like the horizontal banner.
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by wolfe »

Image
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by Oompa Midgets »

It would be nice to freshen the site up a tad. Both of my helmets suck anyway!
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by Agitator »

Oompa Midgets wrote:Both of my helmets suck anyway!
i might have to add that into my signature.
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Agitator wrote:
Oompa Midgets wrote:Both of my helmets suck anyway!
i might have to add that into my signature.
Add this to your signature

:double-middle-finger:
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

I like the Punishers banner! Thanks!!
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by wolfe »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:I like the Punishers banner! Thanks!!
I think it's my favorite, too. That was probably the easiest one to make and it turned out pretty good.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Oompa Midgets wrote:It would be nice to freshen the site up a tad. Both of my helmets suck anyway!
Thanks for the banner! I think it would look better with the picture I had on my home page rather than my ugly ass helmet :lol:
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Re: Helmets/Logos/Images

Post by woody »

Image

I like the banners, although the fist logo on mine looks pretty rough. (Nonetheless, I appreicate your efforts!!) Is there anyway you can work this image into it?

I think my favorite is the Cherry Bombs. I like the retro look.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
Post Reply