Alternate Draft Location

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wolfe wrote:Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

IMO it is only more convenient for you. It costs more money and I didn't think room was that much of an issue. It is also nice to have a buffet we can snack from rather than buying appetizers.

Sounds like you don't want to host!?!? If that is true just say so. I am sure we can work something out, but I really dislike the Cdaddy's idea.
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by thechosenone »

i am in for either place. midget you are a pain in our butts.
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

wolfe wrote:When I bought my plasma 3 years ago the salesperson said that burn-in was a problem with older plasmas. Modern plasmas don't have this issue. I've seen a few temporary burn-ins on my TV, but I can fix it by changing the channel for a few minutes.

Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

If driving to Cookeville is a big problem, then that is another issue. A small majority live outside the Cookeville area.

Driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me at all. I...(and yes Im agreeing with Anthony so someone write this down)....thought you were looking for alternatives so you wouldnt have to host. I was merely providing you an option if you needed one. I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D
...The Legend
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by bilyeuofbaxter »

The bar idea sounds about as awesome as having a glass pipe inserted into my penis and smashed with a hammer.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by woody »

bilyeuofbaxter wrote:The bar idea sounds about as awesome as having a glass pipe inserted into my penis and smashed with a hammer.
I always suspected you of being into that freaky shit. Sicko.

I can do either. I'm no stranger to spending several hours in a bar.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by Jonathan S. »

thechosenone wrote:i am in for either place. midget you are a pain in our butts.
He definitely is a pain in the ass.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by Jonathan S. »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:
wolfe wrote:When I bought my plasma 3 years ago the salesperson said that burn-in was a problem with older plasmas. Modern plasmas don't have this issue. I've seen a few temporary burn-ins on my TV, but I can fix it by changing the channel for a few minutes.

Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

If driving to Cookeville is a big problem, then that is another issue. A small majority live outside the Cookeville area.

Driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me at all. I...(and yes Im agreeing with Anthony so someone write this down)....thought you were looking for alternatives so you wouldnt have to host. I was merely providing you an option if you needed one. I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D
Cookeville is halfway to Knoxville from Smyrna. What are you on about?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by Jonathan S. »

The alternate host, i.e. Crawdaddys, would have had a private reception area for MTFFLers only. No mess and fuss with other customers at no charge. Drew would have cut us a deal if we agreed to order however many appetizers during the day. As well, there was the lure of 2 for 1 draft beers; although, some would pay more, it might be more worth it to others.

But some of you are poo-pooing this idea; so, that's fine...majority does rule these leagues.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Jonathan S. wrote:
the Man, the Myth... wrote:
wolfe wrote:When I bought my plasma 3 years ago the salesperson said that burn-in was a problem with older plasmas. Modern plasmas don't have this issue. I've seen a few temporary burn-ins on my TV, but I can fix it by changing the channel for a few minutes.

Anyway, holding the draft at a bar may be more convenient. We would all have a lot more room to spread out. We wouldn't have to clean up the mess. Most people spend a few bucks on snacks/pizza/burgers ... whatever. You could instead use your money for an appetizer.

If driving to Cookeville is a big problem, then that is another issue. A small majority live outside the Cookeville area.

Driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me at all. I...(and yes Im agreeing with Anthony so someone write this down)....thought you were looking for alternatives so you wouldnt have to host. I was merely providing you an option if you needed one. I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D
Cookeville is halfway to Knoxville from Smyrna. What are you on about?




What am I on about? At the risk of seeming stupid, Im not quite sure what you are asking me Sir.
...The Legend
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: Alternate Draft Location

Post by Jonathan S. »

[quote="I drive half way to Knoxville every weekend, so driving to Cookeville is not a problem for me!! :D[/quote]

So, you're driving to Cookeville every weekend anyway?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
Post Reply