OFFENSIVE YARDS???
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Sorry, okay, so maybe you weren't indicating it wasn't a done deal, but you said:
"well, u r down 3-1 right now with jeff's vote pending..."
I later said:
"you gotta have 8 votes, not 3." NOW I have apoligized and my SHIT is straight!
You are right that some teams are defensive heavy, that's why I agree with you that the offensive yards tiebreaker is not fair. We're not trying to avoid a tie; we're trying to come up with a tiebreaker; so, it should be the most fair and equitable option that we choose, so why not split the money? I have always been of the opinion that we should use total touchdowns, and now I am, and have been saying split the money, which seems most equitable, so despite my bitching, I HAVE thrown out some suggestions. As for bitching, you DO your share as well Anthony.
"well, u r down 3-1 right now with jeff's vote pending..."
I later said:
"you gotta have 8 votes, not 3." NOW I have apoligized and my SHIT is straight!
You are right that some teams are defensive heavy, that's why I agree with you that the offensive yards tiebreaker is not fair. We're not trying to avoid a tie; we're trying to come up with a tiebreaker; so, it should be the most fair and equitable option that we choose, so why not split the money? I have always been of the opinion that we should use total touchdowns, and now I am, and have been saying split the money, which seems most equitable, so despite my bitching, I HAVE thrown out some suggestions. As for bitching, you DO your share as well Anthony.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Wow. Now this is what I wanted. Where was this intensity a few days ago?
#1 - We will never agree on a tiebreaker system if everyone is trying to skew it toward the their particular team strength
#2 - I don't like using previous games as a tie breaker for playoff game
Does anyone support the idea of using bench players?
My 2 cents: Can't you people have a discussion without accusing the opposing opinion as "bitching" or "bothersome". This league seems to be full of over-sensitive children.
#1 - We will never agree on a tiebreaker system if everyone is trying to skew it toward the their particular team strength
#2 - I don't like using previous games as a tie breaker for playoff game
Does anyone support the idea of using bench players?
My 2 cents: Can't you people have a discussion without accusing the opposing opinion as "bitching" or "bothersome". This league seems to be full of over-sensitive children.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
i like to get people goin if u haven't noticed...
bench points is the dumbest thing imaginable...
many teams are setting up for the future (myself included) not for bench points...MAYBE I'M JUST CRAZY, BUT ISN'T A TIEBREAKER SO THAT U AVOID A TIE???
splitting the money sounds ok to me, but what if it is in the 1st round???
bench points is the dumbest thing imaginable...
many teams are setting up for the future (myself included) not for bench points...MAYBE I'M JUST CRAZY, BUT ISN'T A TIEBREAKER SO THAT U AVOID A TIE???
splitting the money sounds ok to me, but what if it is in the 1st round???
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Yes, a tiebreaker should break a tie. Which as happened only once in 660 games (both leagues) so far.
As Anthony said earlier this week, using Total Yards will most likely break the tie so there would be no need to go to the 2nd & 3rd tie breakers.
We are trying to break a tie here. Not reward the best offense or best defense. That battle has already been fought when the matchup was played out on the field.
As Anthony said earlier this week, using Total Yards will most likely break the tie so there would be no need to go to the 2nd & 3rd tie breakers.
We are trying to break a tie here. Not reward the best offense or best defense. That battle has already been fought when the matchup was played out on the field.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact: