Keeper Deadline 2008

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
Post Reply
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by wolfe »

It looks like everyone is agreeing on Draft Day on August 23.

Let's set the deadline for keepers as Thursday, August 14 at 8pm CT.

That will give everyone a little over a week to prepare for the draft.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by wolfe »

You can select your keepers by sending me a message or by setting your players as a starter. I will make the roster adjustments after the deadline.

Remember we are under First Come, First Served Waivers until the Keeper Deadline, so if you drop a valuable player he may be picked up by a rival.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by wolfe »

In case you don't remember - or if you are in too many leagues to keep up - we freeze 7 players.

If you freeze more than the normal starting lineup rules allow then you can't use that method on the website. Just send me an e-mail or a PM via this message board.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by Oompa Midgets »

You must have opened the starting lineup guidelines because it allowed me to start 7 offensive players! That was a smart thing to do so people didn't have to drop players or notify you. :applause:
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by wolfe »

I didn't change anything.

The rules are still
Total Starters: 13
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 0-3
Number of Starting WRs: 0-5
Number of Starting TEs: 0-2
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting DT+DEs: 2
Number of Starting LBs: 2
Number of Starting CB+Ss: 2

I'm not using the RB+WR+TE option. I don't remember seeing that before. But it should be set at 0-5. Some people were having a problem starting 4 RB's. Your 3 RB's and 4 WR's is allowed with the above settings.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by Oompa Midgets »

It has NEVER allowed me to start 1 QB, 3 RBs and 3 WRs. That is what I'm freezing.
eazye187
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm
Name: Ernie Goens
MTFFL: Eazy's Rockers *2015*

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by eazye187 »

wolfe wrote:I didn't change anything.

The rules are still
Total Starters: 13
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RBs: 0-3
Number of Starting WRs: 0-5
Number of Starting TEs: 0-2
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting DT+DEs: 2
Number of Starting LBs: 2
Number of Starting CB+Ss: 2

I'm not using the RB+WR+TE option. I don't remember seeing that before. But it should be set at 0-5. Some people were having a problem starting 4 RB's. Your 3 RB's and 4 WR's is allowed with the above settings.
When I looked the other day, I would have sworn the lineup said 0-2 RBs. I will check again today.

EDIT: Worked this time. 3RB, 3WR..

Ernie
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Keeper Deadline 2008

Post by wolfe »

Keeper moves have been finalized. Make sure I didn't mess anything up.

You can no longer pick up free agents. But you can still trade all you want.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
Post Reply