Salary Cap League

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wolfe wrote:What about the cost of the league? League fees. Transaction Fees. Penalty fees for salary cap violations...........
Keep reading, you haven't gotten there yet :D

There is a blind-bidding waiver period and then a first come first served which costs sim bucks.

As for the cost of the league I don't care. I just want to ensure that it remains competitive, and many times a league fee is the best way to do so. I'd be willing to go as low as $20 per franchise to cover the MFL fee and trophy along with a few small cash prizes. I also use to think that it might get watered down with a 16-team league, but that is where the good drafting/waivers/trading really come in to play!
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
...The Legend
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Agitator »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.

what site are you going to do this on? i know you have no clue how to make an actual site to run this. i may be interested (as long as you don't tell my old lady).
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Agitator wrote:
the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.

what site are you going to do this on? i know you have no clue how to make an actual site to run this. i may be interested (as long as you don't tell my old lady).
If you had read my post two replies prior you would see that I intend to use MFL. :wink: :wink:
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
It might seem that way at first, but you get acclimated to it really fast. The only extra weekly thing that you have to keep up with would be WAIVERS. It is really easy, and it is not a league that caters to RBs which is another thing I like! It has become my favorite league setup. The salaries add another dimension to FF. We have talked about incorporating such into these leagues already. Instead of an owner drafting a good rookie RB and "keeping" him for his 8-10 year career you have to make tough decisions regarding his future and your trade options! I promise that anyone who joins will absolutely love it!!!
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Agitator wrote:
the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.

what site are you going to do this on? i know you have no clue how to make an actual site to run this. i may be interested (as long as you don't tell my old lady).
Hell, we may get Amber to join! She keeps up with it more than some guys that play (I'm not saying in MTFFL).
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Oompa Midgets wrote:
the Man, the Myth... wrote:It sounds interesting but I agree with Jeff...thats quite a bit to digest and remember. I might..might be interested if you do it.
It might seem that way at first, but you get acclimated to it really fast. The only extra weekly thing that you have to keep up with would be WAIVERS. It is really easy, and it is not a league that caters to RBs which is another thing I like! It has become my favorite league setup. The salaries add another dimension to FF. We have talked about incorporating such into these leagues already. Instead of an owner drafting a good rookie RB and "keeping" him for his 8-10 year career you have to make tough decisions regarding his future and your trade options! I promise that anyone who joins will absolutely love it!!!

You promise we will love it?? How could we love it if your running the league?? :P At least with you as Commish though...we would all be clear on the proper use of IR and when a player can or cannot be placed there!!! :lol:
...The Legend
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I am yet to commish a league. That is something I've been thinking about the passed couple seasons. I had others want me to do so, but I was in to many other leagues this season to commit to that. I plan on cutting my leagues down next season if we get this one going.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by wagordy »

I might be interested. Keep me posted.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I'm thinking of only going with Distance of TD for defensive players since they don't receive points for return yards. It may be overkill to give an offensive player up to 12 points for a TD. I'm in a couple leagues that do distance of td scoring, but they are not IDP leagues. I am cutting both of those two next season.

8 franchises still available!
Post Reply