2008 Playoffs
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: 2008 Playoffs
I am calling bullshit trades bullshit trades. This is supposed to be about who is the best fantasy player not who is the best at fucking over another owner in trades.
Its cool, if they have to win like that then thats just how it is going to be. It defeats the spirit of competition is my point. How are you going to know how good you are if you have to take advantage of complete dumbass.
Its cool, if they have to win like that then thats just how it is going to be. It defeats the spirit of competition is my point. How are you going to know how good you are if you have to take advantage of complete dumbass.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: 2008 Playoffs
I made several trades in the offseason to improve my team. Were they all bullshit or just the Johnson one. There is a 40.6 point difference between Johnson and Evans points before today. Taking out their bye weeks, thats 3 points difference a game. Did those 3 points a game really help me get to the playoffs?? Sure it did....along with all the other moves I made this season. I also threw in my 3rd round draft pick. I didnt finish the research to see who he got with my 3rd round pick. Evans was playing well before Edwards got hurt. As of right now you have come back and are leading....anything could happen the rest of the way. Not really sure what all the fuss is about to be honest.The Guru wrote:I am calling bullshit trades bullshit trades. This is supposed to be about who is the best fantasy player not who is the best at fucking over another owner in trades.
Its cool, if they have to win like that then thats just how it is going to be. It defeats the spirit of competition is my point. How are you going to know how good you are if you have to take advantage of complete dumbass.
...The Legend
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2008 Playoffs
I think the Guru is just venting. Maybe he should try the new Coors Light cans!
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2008 Playoffs
Okay, the Bitter Midgets need 13.1 points from Westbrook, Rogers, Tuck and Jackson to move on to the championship. Think you guys can manage that?
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: 2008 Playoffs
Your right man I have no idea why you stealing superstars is such a big fuss. Other owners ask me about that trade too and told me it was a crock a shit.
Just have the fucking guts to say I stole a top 20 WR who played only half the games last year and thats the only way I can win.
Its not a big deal when you do the stealing and get to advance in the palyoffs you jackass.
I do hope you beat the Midget though since he dont care to find out who the best owner is and wants a boring, winnable MTTFL.
I think he still has Portis and Addai maybe you can get them too at low cost since their points are little down this year.
but we all know you were doing your boy a huge favor by taking a. Johnson of his hands since he wasnt really thast good. Do you think we are all as stupid as your boy?
Just have the fucking guts to say I stole a top 20 WR who played only half the games last year and thats the only way I can win.
Its not a big deal when you do the stealing and get to advance in the palyoffs you jackass.
I do hope you beat the Midget though since he dont care to find out who the best owner is and wants a boring, winnable MTTFL.
I think he still has Portis and Addai maybe you can get them too at low cost since their points are little down this year.
but we all know you were doing your boy a huge favor by taking a. Johnson of his hands since he wasnt really thast good. Do you think we are all as stupid as your boy?
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: 2008 Playoffs
The Guru wrote:Your right man I have no idea why you stealing superstars is such a big fuss. Other owners ask me about that trade too and told me it was a crock a shit.
Just have the fucking guts to say I stole a top 20 WR who played only half the games last year and thats the only way I can win.
Its not a big deal when you do the stealing and get to advance in the palyoffs you jackass.
I do hope you beat the Midget though since he dont care to find out who the best owner is and wants a boring, winnable MTTFL.
I think he still has Portis and Addai maybe you can get them too at low cost since their points are little down this year.
but we all know you were doing your boy a huge favor by taking a. Johnson of his hands since he wasnt really thast good. Do you think we are all as stupid as your boy?
Im the jackass here? Really? Your latest arguement is that I "stole a top 20 receiver". If you look at it that way, I actually just traded top 20 receivers..Evans is currently ranked like 17th. So we swapped top 20 receivers and I gave him a 3rd round pick to boot. Besides, he mentioned he really didnt like Johnson for whatever reason. I told him that he should keep him, because if you remember, he flat out dropped him outright to free agency. But I did tell him that if he still decided he didnt want him on the team, that I would trade for him. I told him in my personal opinion that I would keep him on my team. You know that as well as I do...why didnt you send him a trade offer? Anyone in the league could have sent him an offer since it was obvious he didnt want him since he flat out dropped him. No one else sent an offer apparently. Not sure what else there is to say here....kind of beating a dead horse in my opinion.
...The Legend
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2008 Playoffs
If I had known he was gonna trade him I probably wouldn't have given him back! Especially had I known he was gonna trade with you 
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: 2008 Playoffs
You know what did bitch. But its ok thats the only way you can be competitive with me.
Keep on digging yourself a hole and making yourself look bad.
Evens had a mighty 2.2 today which puts him at a whopping 131.7 and after the new stats are totalled he wont be a top 20 WR. Lets see where A. Johnson comes in at well lets see well depending on what TO does I think it is safe to say A.Johnson will be number #1. NOW COPY AND PASTE ALL of that in your next post JACKASS. Not only did you get a 20 guy you got the #1 WR. I hate to break it to you dude but we arnt dumbasses. Most of us arent anyways.
Im cool with it good luck next week. GOOOOOOOOO HAvac.
Keep on digging yourself a hole and making yourself look bad.
Evens had a mighty 2.2 today which puts him at a whopping 131.7 and after the new stats are totalled he wont be a top 20 WR. Lets see where A. Johnson comes in at well lets see well depending on what TO does I think it is safe to say A.Johnson will be number #1. NOW COPY AND PASTE ALL of that in your next post JACKASS. Not only did you get a 20 guy you got the #1 WR. I hate to break it to you dude but we arnt dumbasses. Most of us arent anyways.
Im cool with it good luck next week. GOOOOOOOOO HAvac.
-
The Guru
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
- Name: Shane Eldridge
- MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
- MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: 2008 Playoffs
I am just reading the rest of your post and you want to know why I didnt trade with him.
1 He obviously didnt know his value by dropping him before the season.
2 I am not interested in winning by taking advantage of another owner.
I have said what I wanted to say and I was hoping it wouldnt come down to a situation like this but it did.
Believe or not I am pulling for your team next week dude, good luck.
1 He obviously didnt know his value by dropping him before the season.
2 I am not interested in winning by taking advantage of another owner.
I have said what I wanted to say and I was hoping it wouldnt come down to a situation like this but it did.
Believe or not I am pulling for your team next week dude, good luck.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: 2008 Playoffs
You hate the Bitter Midgets that much?The Guru wrote:Believe or not I am pulling for your team next week dude, good luck.