New Owners (2010)

wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

New Owners (2010)

Post by wolfe »

The franchise acquired by Jonathan Peace will be known as the Ripsnorters (formerly Chicago Cutlery). I'm not really familiar with that term, but the Interweb tells me it means "a violently energetic or noisily outspoken person; someone using slambang methods; something extreme; humdinger". Sounds like he'll fit in nicely.

Jack Jenkins will be taking over the Beaver Squirrels franchise. I'm working to get him signed up to the site and to get a team name.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I can't believe the Ripsnorters would drop players such as Arian Foster, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Cushing and Bernard Pollard to keep Robert Mathis and Clint Sessions. :confused: I smell a Colts fan.

Commish, did you not tell the new owners to select their keepers via Franchise--->Keepers? Some vultures froze at least 4 of those dropped players; Foster, Jacobs, FJones and Pollard. Smells like bull shit to me. Only the 2 new owners made this mistake which leads me to believe they didn't know how to freeze their players. :bash:
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

It clearly states on the MTFFL homepage how to select the keepers. Apparently the new guys didnt read anything on the homepage.

The other question is how F Jones was dropped? I dont know if this is the same for anyone else, but when I look at the transactions, it doesnt show where any of the players for that team were dropped, traded, or anything. The team that had Jacobs and Foster shows in the transactions where they were dropped. I have nothing on the other team as far as drops go?? :?
...The Legend
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Oompa Midgets wrote:I can't believe the Ripsnorters would drop players such as Arian Foster, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Cushing and Bernard Pollard to keep Robert Mathis and Clint Sessions. :confused: I smell a Colts fan.

Commish, did you not tell the new owners to select their keepers via Franchise--->Keepers? Some vultures froze at least 4 of those dropped players; Foster, Jacobs, FJones and Pollard. Smells like bull shit to me. Only the 2 new owners made this mistake which leads me to believe they didn't know how to freeze their players. :bash:

The term vultures used in this context seems very derrogatory to me. :P "Some vultures" just used whatever rules are in place for this league. You would do the same thing if you had seen it first. This is two or three years in a row that something like this has happened. The only way to stop it, would be to vote in a freeze on waiver acquistions a week before the keeper deadline. That way, "some vultures" couldnt swoop in and take players that are dropped.
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by wolfe »

It is curious that Felix Jones does not show up on the transaction list. I will submit a support ticket to find that out. He was probably listed in the email notification, but I don't remember because I don't keep those messages.

I definitely think that we need to approach the keeper process differently next year. Two years ago MyFantasyLeague.com added the feature to let owners select their keepers and people are still using different methods to indicate their keepers.

I don't know what the big deal about Felix Jones and others. Maybe next year we'll let the Oompa Loompas decide the keepers for all 12 teams [sarcasm].
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Agitator »

i use a program that scans possible free agents. felix was listed on it and i was surprised. when i went to MFL, he was available...so i took him.

not sure what i did wrong.
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Oompa Midgets »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:The term vultures used in this context seems very derrogatory to me. :P "Some vultures" just used whatever rules are in place for this league. You would do the same thing if you had seen it first. This is two or three years in a row that something like this has happened. The only way to stop it, would be to vote in a freeze on waiver acquistions a week before the keeper deadline. That way, "some vultures" couldnt swoop in and take players that are dropped.
I don't mean it in a derogatory manner. That is your conscience speaking to you :P

I did do it last season, BUT as you may remember I gave Andre Johnson back to his owner only for you to trade for him :bawling:
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wolfe wrote:It is curious that Felix Jones does not show up on the transaction list. I will submit a support ticket to find that out. He was probably listed in the email notification, but I don't remember because I don't keep those messages.

I definitely think that we need to approach the keeper process differently next year. Two years ago MyFantasyLeague.com added the feature to let owners select their keepers and people are still using different methods to indicate their keepers.

I don't know what the big deal about Felix Jones and others. Maybe next year we'll let the Oompa Loompas decide the keepers for all 12 teams [sarcasm].
The big deal is that the new owners don't have the knowledge about the league that we do. Had they not dropped players the way they did the possibly could have drafted them instead of just GIVING them to other teams.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

We have to find owners that have a complete understanding of how this league works. When I joined, the Punishers were in transition and still are for that matter. When I took over the Havoc, the team had autopicked A.J. Hawk in the 1st round and after 5 or 6 picks, none were made at all. I selected the rest of the team off of the free agent list after the draft. It was a major rebuilding. People come to this league to teams that are usually not so good. They expect immediate satisfaction and when that doesnt come, they get frustrated. The challenge for me is making my team a success and I realize it can take several seasons. We have to have dedicated owners who wont join for one year and then be out. This is the best league I have ever been a part of and if you find true fantasy football fanatics, they will probably feel the same way and stay. If we can find out sooner if they are staying for the next season and not a week before the keeper deadline, we could have a better screening process. Just my 2 cents!! :D
...The Legend
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by The Guru »

Well, Well,l Well, I cant hold my tongue any longer. I must get involved. I am going to try and be nice though. So many replies come to mind to so many statements.. where do I start?

I guess, first I would like to welcome the new guys because this is a fun, SERIOUS league. At least that is the way I look at it and if you mess up and cause someone to get screwed over you will PROBABLY get called out, but it is nothing personal its just the competitive spirit of the owners speaking and I am one of the worst.

I have to laugh at one owners statement about bringing good serious owners in the league when he himself brought in a guy that dropped Andre Johnson at cutdown time and was picked up and returned to that that owner who screwed up and then turned around and traded him to the guy who brought him into the league. No wonder you want more guys in the league like him, who trades you his best players for nothing and leaves the next year. I am looking for guys like that too.

When I read the AJ Hawk auto draft story my heart almost broke, but after I composed myself I remembered that that situation was entirely different and does not apply to the keeper issues that was being discussed.

To prevent this type of situation in future years I think we need to have a drop/add freeze one week before cutdown time. I think the Commish was trying to get that across to the new owners with his post but for whatever reason it didnt work.

This type of situation really diminishes this great league.
Post Reply