New Owners (2010)

User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Agitator »

here's what we should do:

i think that people should be able to drop one of their keepers and pick up any player that has been dropped .... all the way up to the draft.

there are teams with more than 7 good players and by allowing a lower talented team to have his 8th player will help that team be better the following season. and could create a little parity in this league. us good teams have always been elite due to our superior players.

just my opinion, because i don't think that Farve would have been kept by any other team. was that really one of his best 7 players?

GOHOG! :applause:
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

The Guru wrote:Well, Well,l Well, I cant hold my tongue any longer. I must get involved. I am going to try and be nice though. So many replies come to mind to so many statements.. where do I start?

I guess, first I would like to welcome the new guys because this is a fun, SERIOUS league. At least that is the way I look at it and if you mess up and cause someone to get screwed over you will PROBABLY get called out, but it is nothing personal its just the competitive spirit of the owners speaking and I am one of the worst.

I have to laugh at one owners statement about bringing good serious owners in the league when he himself brought in a guy that dropped Andre Johnson at cutdown time and was picked up and returned to that that owner who screwed up and then turned around and traded him to the guy who brought him into the league. No wonder you want more guys in the league like him, who trades you his best players for nothing and leaves the next year. I am looking for guys like that too.

When I read the AJ Hawk auto draft story my heart almost broke, but after I composed myself I remembered that that situation was entirely different and does not apply to the keeper issues that was being discussed.

To prevent this type of situation in future years I think we need to have a drop/add freeze one week before cutdown time. I think the Commish was trying to get that across to the new owners with his post but for whatever reason it didnt work.

This type of situation really diminishes this great league.

1.) I never claimed that I did a better job of bringing people in. It was close to the keeper deadline and he seemed to me a serious competitive owner. That was why I made the point that we need to know sooner if an owner is leaving. I dont want people like he was in the league and theres no need to imply that I do.

2.) The auto pick story did apply since I was speaking to what new owners expectations are and they may not know what kind of situation they may find themselves in with their team, leading them to quit after one season.
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by wolfe »

I love this league.
Rock! Flag! and Eagle!


I really don't think anyone did anything suspicious or worthy this amount of scrutiny. Rookie mistakes are Rookie mistakes. Other veterans also did not use the Keeper link.

I think border-line keeper players should be put back into the draft pool -- not the free agent pool. My $0.02.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I propose that rosters are frozen after our championship. I mean no more drops/adds, and don't allow off-season trading until dues are paid. These are the only leagues I'm in that you can pickup FAs 365 days a year. These simple changes can help keep the integrity of the league in tact. JMO
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wolfe wrote:It is curious that Felix Jones does not show up on the transaction list. I will submit a support ticket to find that out. He was probably listed in the email notification, but I don't remember because I don't keep those messages.

I definitely think that we need to approach the keeper process differently next year. Two years ago MyFantasyLeague.com added the feature to let owners select their keepers and people are still using different methods to indicate their keepers.

I don't know what the big deal about Felix Jones and others. Maybe next year we'll let the Oompa Loompas decide the keepers for all 12 teams [sarcasm].
I was curious about this as well. No transaction releasing or picking up!?!? Any word commish?
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: New Owners (2010)

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Agitator wrote:here's what we should do:

i think that people should be able to drop one of their keepers and pick up any player that has been dropped .... all the way up to the draft.

there are teams with more than 7 good players and by allowing a lower talented team to have his 8th player will help that team be better the following season. and could create a little parity in this league. us good teams have always been elite due to our superior players.

just my opinion, because i don't think that Farve would have been kept by any other team. was that really one of his best 7 players?

GOHOG! :applause:
you're a damn fool, that is why there is a draft!
Post Reply