IR rules?

New rules and discussion of rule changes.
Post Reply
eazye187
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm
Name: Ernie Goens
MTFFL: Eazy's Rockers *2015*

IR rules?

Post by eazye187 »

I didn't think "suspended" counted as an Injured Reserve move? Cushing is suspended, not out.

E
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: IR rules?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I didn't either, but I found nothing in the rules and it allows you to do so on MFL.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: IR rules?

Post by wolfe »

A player has to be listed as OUT on the NFL's injury report. Suspended players can NOT be put on our IR.

MFL added a new option to the IR list that I didn't notice. It is now set to not allow suspended players to be put on IR.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: IR rules?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

The coach of The Punishers has released a statement regarding his misuse of the IR:

"I would like to apologize to my team, their families, my dog who depends on me for food, and the intire MTFFL 1 league. My actions were irresponsible and I should never have abused the system as I did. It is a disgrace to try to gain a competitive advantage over other teams in this fashion. I should also apologize to the WWC. The Waiver Wire Cop, had to take time out of his busy day to catch me in this act, type up a complaint, and to make sure that the rules were inforced. All this being said, I just followed the actions of another coach in the MTFFL 2 league where no one complained when such a move was made. I will take every action to correct this and make it up to all of you."
...The Legend
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: IR rules?

Post by wolfe »

What I find interesting is that the same people involved had this exact discussion two years ago. Just scroll down the list of messages and you'll find it.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
eazye187
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm
Name: Ernie Goens
MTFFL: Eazy's Rockers *2015*

Re: IR rules?

Post by eazye187 »

I actually saw it when it came through e-mail when it happened, but I gave Jeff time to catch it. I said something this morning so that you could have a chance to correct it.

E
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: IR rules?

Post by Oompa Midgets »

the Man, the Myth... wrote:The coach of The Punishers has released a statement regarding his misuse of the IR:

"I would like to apologize to my team, their families, my dog who depends on me for food, and the intire MTFFL 1 league. My actions were irresponsible and I should never have abused the system as I did. It is a disgrace to try to gain a competitive advantage over other teams in this fashion. I should also apologize to the WWC. The Waiver Wire Cop, had to take time out of his busy day to catch me in this act, type up a complaint, and to make sure that the rules were inforced. All this being said, I just followed the actions of another coach in the MTFFL 2 league where no one complained when such a move was made. I will take every action to correct this and make it up to all of you."
What he said w/o the dog. We tried to pull a Hogg, and cheat the system :frown:
Post Reply