IR Designation

User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

IR Designation

Post by Agitator »

commish.... can you check the ir rules about being able to pick up a player while you have a roster violation. labeled as being "O" shouldn't let you hide a player for a week. imo

http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0009
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: IR Designation

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Check the rules? He has it set up where you can still make transactions, but you can't submit a lineup while in violation. He could change it to no transactions, but that should wait until next season if that is decided :)
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: IR Designation

Post by wolfe »

I have set the most restrictive settings I can find. All they have is to restrict transactions based on starting line ups. I can't do anything any about roster pickups that don't affect starters.

Personally, I think we have a large amount of IR abuse (IR for a short period). The only option I see is "Once deactivated, an owner cannot activate a player for" X days.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: IR Designation

Post by Agitator »

Oompa Midgets wrote:Check the rules? He has it set up where you can still make transactions, but you can't submit a lineup while in violation. He could change it to no transactions, but that should wait until next season if that is decided :)

cheater
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: IR Designation

Post by The Guru »

Ok the Texans are off this week but A Johnson is on IR - Teams that are off do not submitt injury report and owners should know this. Is this the kind of stuff your talking about Commish?

I know we have busy lives and a time or 2 I have missed things regarding IR but this pretty bad. I think 50 pts should be deducted from pt total. Arrested him Commish..
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: IR Designation

Post by The Guru »

Actually didnt mean to single out A johnson, there about 5 or 6 players in the same boat I think its where last weeks players out guys get reclassified I had one myself.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: IR Designation

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Just to clarify.....I took A. Johnson off of IR at 10 A.M. this morning here in league 2. Are you talking about Anthony in league 1 maybe? Hes hiding like 4 players in that league on IR.
...The Legend
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: IR Designation

Post by The Guru »

I have no idea it looked like great opportunity to take some cheap shots until I had one myself.Nobody cares I dont think.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: IR Designation

Post by wolfe »

I do care. You can call it either cheating or taking an unfair advantage of loopholes in the system. I just don't see a way to stop it.

I could go through each roster every day and force changes, but that would create a big mess. Sometimes people are on vacation, or haven't logged in yet, or just haven't noticed. I can't constantly micro-manage all the rosters.

Some things we could implement next season:
  • Get rid of IR
  • Transaction charges. Picking up players or putting player on IR cost a small fee ($3).
  • Set it so Once deactivated, an owner cannot activate a player for X days (maybe 21 days)?
  • Set IR limit to 1 player at a time
  • Make IR moves a commissioner only function.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: IR Designation

Post by The Guru »

Well I like the idea of having it only when a guy is out for the full year when they are on IR, but when they are hurt from game to game or half the year or whatever make them stay on the active roster. It would leave a few more players out there and add a degree of difficulty. Then there would be no need to police the rosters.
Post Reply