So what's the plan?

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
Post Reply
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

So what's the plan?

Post by Agitator »

With the ever bitter oompa midget retiring from fantasy football, what is the plan?

It opens a spot in both leagues. Will you be able to find a replacement? do we even want to find a replacement? There are a lot of owners in both leagues. Maybe it's time we scale both leagues down to one.

I'm sure there are 16 people (4divisions of 4), that we could find. We could start everything from scratch again. I know joining leagues isn't a great decision, but we have to deal with what we have.

I'd like to stay in the league but I wouldn't want to fill two teams. I am currently in only two fantasy leagues and with having a family that is all I want to do.

So.... I ask y'all. What's the plan moving forward?
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

I enjoy having two leagues and fielding a team in both. These leagues are unlike any others that I play in and I am happy to do two teams because I cant get enough! My vote would be to keep two leagues.
With that being said, if the vote went to do just one league, I would hope that I would be one of the 12 or 16 to be invited to have a team.
...The Legend
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by Agitator »

Well... What's the plan? Chosen none always has opinion, and I gamblers haven't been a force for a while.

Jeff? What do we do...
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by bstock »

Two leagues or one?
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by wolfe »

That thought has crossed my mind before.

There are 18 different owners in both leagues. A 16-team league would be challenging. Ideally I would like to keep it capped at 12. Maybe 14 teams if we reduced the roster size.

I'll start contacting people to see what they think.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by Agitator »

I'm down for whatever the majority decides
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

There are now currently only 4 people that are in both leagues. Those would be Shane, Jeff, Smallwood and I. So the other 8 in both leagues are different people. I still say that warrants having two leagues. Unless, we have people that are playing "just because", for their friends or they dont want to let their friends down. But I dont see people paying $50 to be in a league "just because". Although sometimes you do wonder............ :lol:
...The Legend
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by thechosenone »

im with yall
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by The Guru »

My computer been down sorry guys. I like both leagues and would like to keep going if we have enough people. no problem with Mick as commish redraft that would take forever, no on it If you have the people or keep one team as dummy team no trades if we fill close to what we need. Jeff it cant be that much work. I kind of knew this would be a consequence with AF gone now JW and who else?
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Re: So what's the plan?

Post by The Guru »

Ok nevermind Wolfe, Smallwood, AF two 3 others well whatever m in league 1 looks like only
Post Reply