### FULL DISCLOSURE ###
Why the Rednecks have a starting lineup.
Friday I noticed that the Rednecks were the only team that had not submitted a starting lineup for Week 1. The Rednecks' players (Nelson, Matthews & Clinton-Dix) scored 32.3 points in the Thursday game. I thought I sent an email reminder to David. I can't find the email, so probably I didn't hit send.
Sunday morning when I checked, the Rednecks still didn't have a starting lineup.
I start texting.
Me: [11:07am] David, your lineup please.
David: [11:53am] Can you submit for me?
Me: [11:53am] Really?
David: [11:54am] Yes Really. The goddam website won't work
Me: [11:56am] You don't even have a kicker.
David: [12:00pm] I know. Just have to not start one.
Me: [12:01pm] I dropped the last guy you drafted and picked up a kicker. The site won't let you submit a lineup without a kicker
I dropped Cecil Shorts who was drafted 13.04. He wasn't the last guy drafted by the Rednecks. I was probably clicking too fast to notice. I picked up kicker Vinatieri.
I didn't start any of the players that played on Thursday. I didn't start Welker (suspension). I guessed at what I thought he may start based on keepers and draft order.
The Rednecks are going to win the matchup. Rednecks Calvin Johnson and and Eric Berry had big games. No one on the Ossified Beatniks had a really good game. So it probably wouldn't make a big difference who I submitted in the lineup.
I just wanted to make sure no one has a problem with what happened. I would have hated it more if the Rednecks didn't submit a staring lineup at all. I would have done it for anyone else in the league.
The Starting Lineups are carried over from now on. Make sure to update your lineup based on team bye weeks, injuries and suspensions. I don't want a team to get an easy win because some other owner forgets. Contact me if you have a problem getting your lineup in. If you don't have my contact info, get it.
The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
I get it....no freebies....wait...except for HFA.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
Jeff, I trust you to be ethical and it sounds like you were in this case. Hopefully, the lineup not being set prior to the season kicking off was a fluke. I managed to set my lineup, using my phone, while in the little town of Gardiner, MT, just outside Yellowstone Nat'l Park.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
-
wildest fantasy
- Smack Room Creeper
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:35 am
- Name: Eric Slayton
- MTFFL: Ossified Beatniks *2008, 2009, 2011*
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
This is a terrible injustice and I won't stand for it!!!
Just kidding. Sounds legit and I'm OK with it. Some of the beatniks didn't show up to play so we lost. A performance we are not likely to repeat.
Although... the rednecks did have plenty of time to set his lineup and chose to wait till the last minute. When my kids do that stuff we give them extra chores. Maybe David should come over and do my laundry and dishes?
Just kidding. Sounds legit and I'm OK with it. Some of the beatniks didn't show up to play so we lost. A performance we are not likely to repeat.
Although... the rednecks did have plenty of time to set his lineup and chose to wait till the last minute. When my kids do that stuff we give them extra chores. Maybe David should come over and do my laundry and dishes?
"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws."
Smackroom? What the hell am I gonna talk about - lipstick and lollipops?
Smackroom? What the hell am I gonna talk about - lipstick and lollipops?
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
I like that idea, Eric. Do the dishes David!
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
Operator error....and Wolfe hates purposeful punctuation.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
Jeff has always proven to be an honest owner so I don't see the problem with it.
...The Legend
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: The Rednecks are going to win. Here's why...
I think Dave has an iPhone. MFL Platinum I think is free and Michelle uses it to submit her lineup.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mfl-pla ... 10130?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mfl-pla ... 10130?mt=8
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.