2026 Draft Day

For the original MTFFL.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

2026 Draft Day

Post by wolfe »

I tentatively have the Keeper Deadline set for Saturday, August 22 at 11pm CT.

The Draft taking place the next week on ???day, August ?? at ??

Does Sunday the 30th work best for everyone? Mid-afternoon start (1-2pm) or late afternoon (3-5).
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
eazye187
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm
Name: Ernie Goens
MTFFL: Eazy's Rockers *2015*

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by eazye187 »

30th works for me, either time
Flapjack
Smack Room Creeper
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:08 pm

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by Flapjack »

Jeff, Thanks for making this work!! Again, The 30th is fine, any time. P.S. you're going to find me a bit more cunning in the draft. I have a new system of preparation.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by wolfe »

A new method? Is it similar to David's strategy of "Draft a goofy sounding name"?

Has anyone noticed that MyFantasyLeague offers rankings, guides, start advice for $0.95 week?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by woody »

I work 10am-6pm on Sundays these days, and it’s too late for me to arrange taking the day off, so I’ll get my auto draft set up if Sunday is indeed the day.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by wolfe »

Dang, sorry that you can't make it Woody.
We could do it late evening on Sunday, August 30th.

I'm pretty flexible that whole weekend. What does everyone else think?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
Flapjack
Smack Room Creeper
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:08 pm

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by Flapjack »

I can do anytime Sunday the 30th. I ask that can we make the start time no later that 6PM - I'm in the Eastern Zone, so that is 7PM in my world. And these drafts have been done to drag on about 3 hours. That would be 10PM finish. Pretty late for this old man.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by wagordy »

The 30th works for me and Michelle and we are fine with starting when Woody gets off work. I know that pushes the end of the draft late but I would hate to exclude anyone. We are fine. Michelle might fall asleep in round 12 however. :)
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by woody »

That's awfully thoughtful of y'all to be willing to accommodate my work schedule. If we wanted to get started around 5:30 CDT, I can probably sneak out a little early and make it work.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
Flapjack
Smack Room Creeper
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2026 9:08 pm

Re: 2026 Draft Day

Post by Flapjack »

I looked at my calendar. I have a day off Monday te 31st. I have a 10am doctor appointment. But, im fine with a 630 central 730 eastern start. That should give Woody time to get settled. I agree with Will, that we need every one present.
Post Reply