2005 Bonehead Awards

wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

2005 Bonehead Awards

Post by wolfe »

Trades that involved players who were released.
  • Bitter Midgets traded the #63 pick for #108 and Asley Lelie. Lelie was not frozen.
  • In the largest trade (quantity not quality) of the off season the Bitter Midgets received Rudi Johnson and Torry Holt from the Las Vegas Gamblers for Keary Colbert, Gibril Wilson, Reuben Droughens, Jamie Sharper, Pick #8 and a 2006 1st rounder. Who? Who? Why? Why? The Gamblers didn't keep any of the players but good luck in 2006!
  • The Midgets got the better end of another deal when they took the #4 pick from High Life for Travis Henry and Tyrone Calico. I kept Henry and released Calico. What the hell was I thinking?
  • League champ Agitated Hedgehogs took the #68 pick from The Chosen One for Michael Pittman. The 2002 & 2003 champ didn't keep Pittman. Free pick for the defending champ!
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

Well Commish if you deem it a "Bonehead" move then what defense do I have. I guess Im a bonehead. I did want to mention the only reason I traded those 2 players was because of save constriants, so that should indicate I never really cared what was thrown in. They were just along for the ride because I suppose he was trying to sweeten the deal, but I never bargined for those players. The 2 first rounders were sufficient for 05 and 06 and those players just happened to be included when he proposed the trade.

The Gamblers will circle the calender date when The Low Life I mean High Life come to town.
The Low Lifes just passed The Cheezy One on the most hated division rival list. Lots of people questioning Fast Eddie this year ..interesting... Dont worry I have my players in camp and we look great in two - a -days and preseason.
Good Luck to you all, you will need it.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I feel like my trade was the worst of them all. I gambled that Henry would be traded to a team where he would be the clear #1 RB. Up until the deadline last night I was trying like hell to trade Henry. In the end there wasn't much else on my team to keep, so right now Henry feels like a wasted keeper.

On the other hand, I'm proud that I have moved up so quickly on your shit list. Must mean that I'm getting into your head!
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

yes, i traded my 6th rounder that i already got from the Mastadons for Lelie and a 9th...
i had planned on keeping him until i made the blockbuster trade with the Guru!!!
Lelie was left out because of
Culpepper
Jamal Lewis
Deuce
RJ
Holt
CJ
Ray Ray

enuf said
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Post by bstock »

you forgot my brillant trade for Carr
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
bstock
Smack Guru
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:44 pm
Name: B Stockwell
MTFFL: Radlers
Location: Gorge TF2 Control

Post by bstock »

i guess that wasn't off-season
bonehead nonetheless
Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Post by thechosenone »

i was hoping pittman would be the starter..oops. crap happens i guess. looking back i have made alot of stupid moves in this league...heck half of my former players now play for the midget.
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

the midgets will rule this year!!!
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Post by Agitator »

f$%K the midgets!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

u would like to f a midget...
guess it would be better than a hog!
Post Reply