Playoffs Revised

wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Playoffs Revised

Post by wolfe »

The Middle Bracket seeding has been changed

Middle Bracket
8 Big Daddies @ 5 Rotten Rugrats
7 Franklin Hookers @ 6 Chosen One
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Post by thechosenone »

why am i not the #5 seed ?? how is this done??? last year i got hte boot on the last day from the toilet bowl bracket, now i am getting knocked down a seed...jeff do you dis-like me this much??? i have more total points.......?..??..??
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

http://www.mtffl.com/tiebreaker.htm

Tiebreaker between three or more teams for Playoff Seeding:
1. Combined head-to-head record of games involving disputed teams only
2. Overall Points
3. Coin Flip

Code: Select all

Seed, Team             Win %   HTH %  Total Pts.
 5 Rotten Rugrats       0.571   0.800  2036.6
 6 The Chosen One       0.571   0.400  2139.5
 7 Franklin Hookers     0.571   0.250  1907.7
 8 Big Daddies          0.571   0.200  2083.8
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Post by thechosenone »

the rugrats beat me head to head....but they cant have the same winning percentage they were 7-7....
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

I think he is reffering to the winning pct. of the teams only involved in you group, Goob.

I heard Jeff dislikes everyone anyway, so its wash.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

u r right chosen shit...
the rugrats are 7-7 while the other 3 teams involved are 8-6 which means the rugrats should be the last seed...

wolfe had an oversight in the 1st league as well...
i think he is trying to calculate playoff positions while drinking a bit!

no offense commish, just bustin ur balls...
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

What's a fantasy football season without a little controversy?

The Middle Bracket seeding revised, again:

Code: Select all

Seed, Team             Win %   HTH %  Total Pts.
5 The Chosen One       0.571   0.500  2139.5
6 Franklin Hookers     0.571   0.333  1907.7
7 Big Daddies          0.571   0.000  2083.8
8 Rotten Rugrats       0.500   0.000  2036.6
While investigating the Orpheus Roye stat change, I went back to Week 13 and updated the stats again. While the Roye stat correction didn't change the outcome of the game, Mike Rucker also had a sack taken away. This changed the outcome of the Dragons-Rugrats game. Because we started the Week 14 games without knowing about the stat change, The Dragons will keep their 0.1 point win. I thought I had this situation covered in our rules ( http://mtffl.com/rules.htm ), but I couldn't find it. The way I've always handled this is to not change the outcome of games after the final update Tuesday morning. I only update the corrections for the purpose of individual stat totals. This is something that we need to put in writing in the offseason.

When I was reviewing playoff seeding this morning the FFLM software was still giving the win to the Rugrats. So that's why it was messed up.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

Yea... we know who is responsible for the O.Roye contraversy. Commish take action against them. Suspend them for the season.
Just suspend Hoog. Bitter has repented.

This just in: Materbaitor knows alittle too much about the clap and Bledsoe...

Can the Masterbaitor conquer G'boro? What about it Baitor?
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Post by Oompa Midgets »

The Guru wrote:I think he is reffering to the winning pct. of the teams only involved in you group, Goob.

I heard Jeff dislikes everyone anyway, so its wash.
u r the goob!!!
head to head only matters if they have the same record, and the rugrats were 1 game behind...
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

I know what I wrote Mr. Court reporter, I didnt do an in depth investigation unlike yourself,I had faith in The Commish and Goob, Goober, and G is The Cheezy ones nickname that most call him.


Now shut up and win me Reggie Bush.
Post Reply