Very last play of the game......
-
wbricker
- Smack Room Creeper
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:45 pm
- Name: Wendell Bricker
- MTFFL: Tennessee Rocky Tops
HFA
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Well, some of us have no choice in the players we play in some weeks due to injury or off weeks,or suspended for having a loud mouth. So thats not really a valid arguement. I totally agree with Shane...write that down would someone??.....whats wrong with someone winning their games actually head-to-head? In 2 of my losses my team actually scored more points....but you lose to HFA?? I dont know....all I do know is that, Jeff your welcome for me getting this started again!!!! The number to remember here is 3!!!
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
My best argument, Jeffrey? No, you won't see that for awhile, but thanks for the amusing comment, and even using our quotation utilty in your futile attempt to embarass me.
3 LB's? That is proposterous! Some rules are untouchable (I feel). Example being...starting 4 rb's is forbidden. The defensive setup in this league is brilliant. It is sort of like a salary cap. It defines the rules for everyone to play by; it's up to YOU to find and play the TWO best DL, LBs, and DBs.
I will not attend a townhall meeting at Ryans or Golden Corral (even though our dear Jeffrey loves the Corral's Fried Chicken) because I will not sit among you people without BEER in hand.
3 LB's? That is proposterous! Some rules are untouchable (I feel). Example being...starting 4 rb's is forbidden. The defensive setup in this league is brilliant. It is sort of like a salary cap. It defines the rules for everyone to play by; it's up to YOU to find and play the TWO best DL, LBs, and DBs.
I will not attend a townhall meeting at Ryans or Golden Corral (even though our dear Jeffrey loves the Corral's Fried Chicken) because I will not sit among you people without BEER in hand.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
-
bilyeuofbaxter
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
- Name: David Bilyeu
- MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
- Location: Milky Way Galaxy
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
My point was that you can't take the 3 points used in the NFL and claim the same value should be used in fantasy land. You need to adjust it proportionally for our scores. The average score of NFL teams over the last 4 years is 19.6-22.6 (in favor of the home team). The average score of MTFFL teams is 142. Using those averages, our HFA should be 18.8 points.
And if Woody wants to change our league scoring to a TD/FG/XP only league - well, that's a different argument entirely.
And if Woody wants to change our league scoring to a TD/FG/XP only league - well, that's a different argument entirely.
The Redneck needs 1.25 weeks to score 150.150 per game! That's about two weeks for my team.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
I can't figure out what I said that makes you think that.wolfe wrote:And if Woody wants to change our league scoring to a TD/FG/XP only league - well, that's a different argument entirely.![]()
Simply stated, my argument is this: I think a 7 point HFA is too generous and would like to see it changed to 3 or 4 points.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!