Very last play of the game......

For the original MTFFL.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Very last play of the game......

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Montae Reagor gets a fumble on the very last play of the game which Flutie should have never been running and it costs me a win. How can that happen?? Or I could blame it on HFA. That would be 2 losses so far due to HFA!! Are we going to change that rule to 3 points instead of 7 this year??? Im starting to lobby for that now, so maybe we can have enough votes next year!!!
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Oh....before anyone says it.....yes, I do have my box of tissues right here next to me. I think I will be O.K. No need to worry about me!!!
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

How about a 7 point bonus for the away team. I liked that suggestion by the Commish (I think).
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

I was 57.1 points down going into MNF. I figured I didn't have a chance and then Peyton Manning and Mike Vrabel combined for 50 pts! So if you take out the HFA, it was a tie. I like changing HFA to 3-4 points, and yes, I realize I would have still lost.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Awesome....theres 3 votes already just like that!! Just 4 more!! If we go ahead and get the other 4 votes can we go ahead and change the rule for next year??
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

We have to have 8 votes (a two-thirds majority). There are 5 of us for sure, David B., Anthony, Woody(?), you and I, but there is strong opposition; I doubt that we will get the majority we want.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

I'm all for changing HFA to 3 or 4 pts. Let's start campaigning - I'm talking small town BBQs, pressing flesh, kissing babies!
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

I can be bribed. What do you have to offer?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Post by wagordy »

Eventually it will be nothing then.... well.. it is less fun for me. I enjoy having the home advantage and then flip flopping it the next year for non division games. But I guess enough have bitched.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

Actually I can't be bought. That was, you know, sarcasm.


Some day in the future our distinctive rules will be compromised into oblivion. How vanilla do you want our league to be?
I'm attached to this rule mostly because it's distinctively ours. It's a known element of every matchup, so it's not surprise thrown in without warning.
Post Reply