Jeff,
Have you seen this site: http://www.fandraft.com? They have a computer based Draft Board that can be projected off of the computer and it imports settings from MTFFL.
Ernie
Draft Board Software
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Board Software
I looked at the demo last year. It had nice looking on-screen display.
We can do it if people prefer that over the paper draft board.
It wouldn't be tied to the live draft room on MFL - but neither is a paper draft board. I would still enter the picks on-line as they are made.
I'll demo this one and a few other this weekend. Its price is about the same as 1 set of draft board and labels. And the software is reusable.
Another option is to connect a laptop to a big TV and just log on to the live draft room.
We can do it if people prefer that over the paper draft board.
It wouldn't be tied to the live draft room on MFL - but neither is a paper draft board. I would still enter the picks on-line as they are made.
I'll demo this one and a few other this weekend. Its price is about the same as 1 set of draft board and labels. And the software is reusable.
Another option is to connect a laptop to a big TV and just log on to the live draft room.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: Draft Board Software
I like the computer draft board but if you can just put the draft room up on the big screen that should work. People just need to keep up with the draft. I am bringing my computer and I think 2 or three others do as well.
I think that everyone should bring a laptop if they can and make there own pick to give you a break.
I think that everyone should bring a laptop if they can and make there own pick to give you a break.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC
Re: Draft Board Software
Previous picks are more easily discerned on the "hardcopy" draft board we've been utilizing. Maybe use in tandem, but I'm for the readily viewable information on paper.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Draft Board Software
I would like that better as well, but to make it easier on the commish and lower expenses I am not opposed to the software.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Board Software
Expense and Commish "hardship" are not an problem.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: Draft Board Software
In that case go for the Draft Board! It is nicer.wolfe wrote:Expense and Commish "hardship" are not an problem.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
Re: Draft Board Software
I finally have a laptop so the next challenge for me is simply showing up!
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Board Software
Is that a vote for the paper draft board? Or digital?wagordy wrote:In that case go for the Draft Board! It is nicer.
We need to decide in the next week or two. It takes at least a week to ship the paper board.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: Draft Board Software
Paper.wolfe wrote:Is that a vote for the paper draft board? Or digital?wagordy wrote:In that case go for the Draft Board! It is nicer.
We need to decide in the next week or two. It takes at least a week to ship the paper board.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.