Keeper Deadline
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Keeper Deadline
The homepage has changed to reflect the 13th as the keeper deadline. Is it possible to change that to the next week, sometime between the 18th and the 20th? I dont know what all is involved on your end to get things ready for the draft. Is that too short of a time to get everything ready? That would give us more time to see what roster moves are made and how things are playing out in the preseason.It also gives us a few more days to try and execute trades.
...The Legend
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Deadline
I have usually set the keeper deadline at least a week before the draft to give everyone time to review the dropped players and get a draft strategy. But if you only need a few days, that's fine with me. We'll see what other people think.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Deadline
I thought the deadline had traditionally been one week before, but that may have just been recently.
I'm gonna kick your asses either way so I don't care
I'm gonna kick your asses either way so I don't care
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: Keeper Deadline
use your executive powers commish!
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Keeper Deadline
Also, the deadline is currently Friday the 13th correct? Thursday is the 12th.
...The Legend
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Keeper Deadline
The front page should say Friday, not Thursday. Sorry for the confusion.
Looking at the preseason schedule, by Friday the 13th, more than half of NFL will not have played even 1 game. I could push it back a few more days, but the 1st roster cut date isn't until August 31.
What do you need more time for?
- Waiting for injuries and signings during preseason before deciding on keepers?
- or, preparing your draft list?
I could make the keeper deadline on the Friday before the draft. Even then, most of the league has only played one game. I need a few hours to prepare the draft board, so I can't make it midnight before the draft.
The season starts late and we are drafting early. We're drafting before Week 2 is finished. Everyone is at the same disadvantage. Unless more people want to move it, we'll leave the deadline at August 13.
Looking at the preseason schedule, by Friday the 13th, more than half of NFL will not have played even 1 game. I could push it back a few more days, but the 1st roster cut date isn't until August 31.
What do you need more time for?
- Waiting for injuries and signings during preseason before deciding on keepers?
- or, preparing your draft list?
I could make the keeper deadline on the Friday before the draft. Even then, most of the league has only played one game. I need a few hours to prepare the draft board, so I can't make it midnight before the draft.
The season starts late and we are drafting early. We're drafting before Week 2 is finished. Everyone is at the same disadvantage. Unless more people want to move it, we'll leave the deadline at August 13.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Keeper Deadline
Im fine with whatever keeper date you decide. My suggestion to move it up some was purely selfish. It was for none of the reasons you mentioned. I was wanting more time before deciding so we could have more time to try and work out trades. League 1 wasnt so bad with 11 out of the 12 responding to the draft date. In League 2 though only 7 out of 12 responded. So, Im not sure if they are paying attention yet, or just choosing not to respond. Either way, Im good with whatever you decide, not trying to cause ripples! 
...The Legend