Speaking theoretically, since the regular season is scheduled to start on Thursday, September, 8, 2011, we need to talk about Draft Day 2011.
The previous few years we have done it the weekend before Labor Day. That would put it on Saturday, August 27 or Sunday, August 28.
Thoughts?
Draft Day 2011
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Draft Day 2011
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
Re: Draft Day 2011
Jeff - is this a democracy? An androcracy? A dictatorship? An autocracy? A polyarchy?
When you ask for everyone's thoughts, I'm afraid the request is too broad and inspecific in its scope. I am accustom to having the right of suffrage within a federal republic so, understandably, that is my frame of reference. I think it is only fair to ask you to clarify and define what is meant by "thoughts."
If I had a vote, my vote would be for an earlyish draft on Saturday, August 27th, although I could do the 28th if that is what is required of me.
Sadly, I do not know if I, or any of the esteemed and distinguished members of the Middle Tennessee Fantasy Football League, or Anthony, have a true voice in this process. The majority will rise, sir. Oh yes - we will rise and demand that our voice be heard!
Also, that U2 show was, like, real cool.
When you ask for everyone's thoughts, I'm afraid the request is too broad and inspecific in its scope. I am accustom to having the right of suffrage within a federal republic so, understandably, that is my frame of reference. I think it is only fair to ask you to clarify and define what is meant by "thoughts."
If I had a vote, my vote would be for an earlyish draft on Saturday, August 27th, although I could do the 28th if that is what is required of me.
Sadly, I do not know if I, or any of the esteemed and distinguished members of the Middle Tennessee Fantasy Football League, or Anthony, have a true voice in this process. The majority will rise, sir. Oh yes - we will rise and demand that our voice be heard!
Also, that U2 show was, like, real cool.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
- wagordy
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 593
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Will Gordy
- MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
- Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Re: Draft Day 2011
Woody, you are a funny monkey.
Michelle leaves on that Monday and will be gone for 4 weeks so Sunday (27th) will be difficult for us. We might have to draft from here is that is the case. I hate missing the draft it is my favorite part of the season.
The Sunday before that (21st) works great.. Michelle has the whole week off...
Michelle leaves on that Monday and will be gone for 4 weeks so Sunday (27th) will be difficult for us. We might have to draft from here is that is the case. I hate missing the draft it is my favorite part of the season.
The Sunday before that (21st) works great.. Michelle has the whole week off...
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Day 2011
I am completely 100% open to drafting on any day of the week or any weekend and at any time of the day leading up to the first game of the season (including Labor Day). I will take off at work at 12pm on a Wednesday if that is what it takes. I don't care. I have no preference.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
Re: Draft Day 2011
Coincidentally, the thought occurred to me this morning that it would be pretty awesome to take a vacation day and have the draft in the middle of the week....and get hammered drunk.
Anyway, I'd prefer not to have it over Labor Day weekend but I'm pretty open to anything. I am, after all, a team player. I have awards that say so here on my desk at work.
Anyway, I'd prefer not to have it over Labor Day weekend but I'm pretty open to anything. I am, after all, a team player. I have awards that say so here on my desk at work.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
- woody
- Smack Room Regular
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
- Name: Jason Woody
- MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
- Location: I'm right here man
Re: Draft Day 2011
The draft for my other league is the evening of the 20th.
Other than that night, I'm open to whatever works for everyone else.
Other than that night, I'm open to whatever works for everyone else.
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: Draft Day 2011
as always we have our other draft the sat night (27?) before labor day ... i can draft fri night, sat early , sun afternoon .. cant do labor weekend , ill be gone
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
- the Man, the Myth...
- Smack Talking Beast
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
- Name: John Flatt
- MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
- MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
- Location: Murfreesboro,TN
Re: Draft Day 2011
I have no problems with any of the weekends in August. The only one that might be a problem is the 13-14th. But it doesnt seem that weekend is even on the board. All other weekends are wide open....let me know when and where, and Im there!
...The Legend
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Draft Day 2011
Ok, I'm going to try something to see if it helps us get a visual representation of the best Draft Day.
Go to http://www.mtffl.com/draft-scheduler.php. You have to be logged into the Smack Room for it to work. I suggested a few Dates & Times. 3 Weekends in August with 2 times for Saturday and Sunday each. Click on Available, Not Available or Possible for each Draft Date/Time.
Go to http://www.mtffl.com/draft-scheduler.php. You have to be logged into the Smack Room for it to work. I suggested a few Dates & Times. 3 Weekends in August with 2 times for Saturday and Sunday each. Click on Available, Not Available or Possible for each Draft Date/Time.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.