New rules and discussion of rule changes.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Fri May 09, 2003 1:28 pm
I tried this last year and it didn't work. You people seem to love tie games.
Fine. You can have tie games in the regular season, but I need to cover my ass and come up with a tie-breaker for games in the post season.
What do you prefer?
Highest points for bench player?
Compare total bench points?
Total touchdowns by starters?
Total yards by starting offense?
Other? What is your proposal? I'm definitely going to enact post season tie-breakers during the next month or so.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!
Post
by wagordy » Sat May 10, 2003 12:13 am
Total touchdowns work for me.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335 Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:
Post
by Oompa Midgets » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:38 pm
total yards by the offense sounds cool...
i would say it is the easiest way to avoid a tie
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:02 am
Bump.
It has been 4 months we need to discuss this more before we get into the post-season.
Any more suggestions?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955 Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC
Post
by Jonathan S. » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:53 am
No bench points. Total touchdowns. Then we'll have to come up with another tiebreaker.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:39 pm
I think should be tie breaker!
Fill in the blank.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:41 pm
Damn it! There was empty space between think and should in the previous post. Then when it was posted the no space. Jeff you post Nazi. What if I want empty space, huh, how am I gonna get empty space.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:48 pm
All web browsers ignore anything more than 1 consecutive space.
Try using the underscore to create a blank line ____________________.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620 Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:
Post
by wolfe » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:49 pm
But thanks, Dave B, for contributing nothing to the conversation
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
bilyeuofbaxter
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 940 Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:14 am
Name: David Bilyeu
MTFFL: Omicron Persei 8's
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Post
by bilyeuofbaxter » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:51 pm
You're welcome.
I'm not cheating. I'm just trying to get away with stuff.