Money Bracket
#4 Arthur Andersens (WC) at #1 Las Vegas Gamblers (10-4)
#3 Rotten Rugrats (8-6) at #2 Agitated Hedgehogs (10-4)
Middle Bracket
#4 The Trojans (7-7) at #1 Franklin Hookers (9-5)
#3 The Chosen One (7-7) at #2 Bitter Midgets (7-7)
Toilet Bowl Bracket
#4 Tennessee Wildcats (1-13) at #1 High Life (7-7)
#3 Mastadons (4-10) at #2 Big Daddies (5-9)
Playoffs.
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
The Andersens incredible come back sort of ruined that. I had to dig deep into the tiebreakers to rank the 7-7 teams. Use http://www.mtffl.com/tiebreaker.htm to double check me.
I'll have to check the FLM report settings to make sure the divisions are being sorted correctly. Since we had the same division record and split our head-to-head games, the 3rd tiebreaker should be division points. So you should have finished third in the division.
Sorting the 8 non-money-bracket teams is a little different. Divisions are ignored. For the 4 7-7 teams it gets really complicated, but I think I'm using the same model the NFL does - which is what our tiebreakers are based on. The 7-7 teams are ranking using the head-to-head matchup involving only those teams. The High Life went 1-3 against the Chosen One, Trojans & Midgets. The Midgets went 3-1 against the other three teams. Chosen & Trojans were 2-2 with the 4th tiebreaker, Overall Points, being used.
I did this manually this morning at 6am. So if you spot a mistake we need to correct it now.
Using this tiebreaker system, it is theoretically possible to finish last in your division but leap frog ahead of other teams in the "draft position" playoffs.
I'll have to check the FLM report settings to make sure the divisions are being sorted correctly. Since we had the same division record and split our head-to-head games, the 3rd tiebreaker should be division points. So you should have finished third in the division.
Sorting the 8 non-money-bracket teams is a little different. Divisions are ignored. For the 4 7-7 teams it gets really complicated, but I think I'm using the same model the NFL does - which is what our tiebreakers are based on. The 7-7 teams are ranking using the head-to-head matchup involving only those teams. The High Life went 1-3 against the Chosen One, Trojans & Midgets. The Midgets went 3-1 against the other three teams. Chosen & Trojans were 2-2 with the 4th tiebreaker, Overall Points, being used.
I did this manually this morning at 6am. So if you spot a mistake we need to correct it now.
Using this tiebreaker system, it is theoretically possible to finish last in your division but leap frog ahead of other teams in the "draft position" playoffs.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
- Jonathan S.
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
- Name: Jonathan Smallwood
- MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
- MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
- Location: Up in the UC