Salary Cap League

General announcements and rules that affect both leagues.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

any motivation to rekindle the formation of this league commish???
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Okay guys, I am interested in creating this league. I will give you a run down of the potential scoring and rules and see what you think about it. If I receive enough interest I will create the league. I'd like to have a 16-team league with maybe everyone in MTFFL in it!?! We can cut the costs, if needed, for those of us who play in both leagues already.

More info coming soon.....
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by wolfe »

Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

wolfe wrote:Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
Yes, there will be max contracts of four seasons and it will be IDP!
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Agitator »

Oompa Midgets wrote:
wolfe wrote:Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
Yes, there will be max contracts of four seasons and it will be IDP!
besides working and drinking you really don't do anything... you really need to find yourself a woman (or man if that's the kind of koolaid you drink)!
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

How would you know what I do? I live 100 miles away. I drink very little these days. STUPID HOG
I don't need a woman telling me what to do and spending my money.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

It would be based on this league's set-up;

http://dugoneill.smileytech.net/FATAL%20rules.htm
thechosenone
Smack Guru
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Scott McCrary
MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by thechosenone »

thats alotof crap to remember, but sounds cool
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by Oompa Midgets »

thechosenone wrote:thats alotof crap to remember, but sounds cool
It is, but you get use to it quick and that was done because a lot of people look through rules trying to find a way to exploit them. One thing I loved about it is the scoring similarity with MTFFL. That made the learning curve shorter.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Salary Cap League

Post by wolfe »

Oompa Midgets wrote:One thing I loved about it is the scoring similarity with MTFFL. That made the learning curve shorter.
I'm not really concerned with the scoring rules. I'm more concerned with the idea of a 16 team league with a 28 to 32-man roster = 448-512 players. (Our league 12 teams X 25 players = 300 players + unlimited IR.) It sounds like it might be watered down. Although, with no IR it will need deep rosters. No more than two starting RB's, a required starting TE position and 14 total starters. Not that I oppose those rules - just something to consider.

Them's a bunch of rules. I read about half the rules then went to get another beer. By the time I came back I had turned to Skin-emax and forgot what I was doing.

What about the cost of the league? League fees. Transaction Fees. Penalty fees for salary cap violations...........
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
Post Reply