Salary Cap League
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Salary Cap League
any motivation to rekindle the formation of this league commish???
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Salary Cap League
Okay guys, I am interested in creating this league. I will give you a run down of the potential scoring and rules and see what you think about it. If I receive enough interest I will create the league. I'd like to have a 16-team league with maybe everyone in MTFFL in it!?! We can cut the costs, if needed, for those of us who play in both leagues already.
More info coming soon.....
More info coming soon.....
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Salary Cap League
Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Salary Cap League
Yes, there will be max contracts of four seasons and it will be IDP!wolfe wrote:Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
- Agitator
- God of Smack Talk
- Posts: 2759
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
- Name: Mick Reese
- MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
- MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
- Location: The Pig Pen
Re: Salary Cap League
besides working and drinking you really don't do anything... you really need to find yourself a woman (or man if that's the kind of koolaid you drink)!Oompa Midgets wrote:Yes, there will be max contracts of four seasons and it will be IDP!wolfe wrote:Are you using contract years? Team defense or IDP?
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Salary Cap League
How would you know what I do? I live 100 miles away. I drink very little these days. STUPID HOG
I don't need a woman telling me what to do and spending my money.
I don't need a woman telling me what to do and spending my money.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
-
thechosenone
- Smack Guru
- Posts: 1043
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 pm
- Name: Scott McCrary
- MTFFL II: The Chosen One *2002,2003*
Re: Salary Cap League
thats alotof crap to remember, but sounds cool
it's time to reclaim what is rightfully mine.
- Oompa Midgets
- SmackBot 3000
- Posts: 4335
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
- Name: Anthony Fowler
- MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
- MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
- Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
- Contact:
Re: Salary Cap League
It is, but you get use to it quick and that was done because a lot of people look through rules trying to find a way to exploit them. One thing I loved about it is the scoring similarity with MTFFL. That made the learning curve shorter.thechosenone wrote:thats alotof crap to remember, but sounds cool
-
wolfe
- The Commish
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
- Name: Jeff Wolfe
- MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
- MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
- Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: Salary Cap League
I'm not really concerned with the scoring rules. I'm more concerned with the idea of a 16 team league with a 28 to 32-man roster = 448-512 players. (Our league 12 teams X 25 players = 300 players + unlimited IR.) It sounds like it might be watered down. Although, with no IR it will need deep rosters. No more than two starting RB's, a required starting TE position and 14 total starters. Not that I oppose those rules - just something to consider.Oompa Midgets wrote:One thing I loved about it is the scoring similarity with MTFFL. That made the learning curve shorter.
Them's a bunch of rules. I read about half the rules then went to get another beer. By the time I came back I had turned to Skin-emax and forgot what I was doing.
What about the cost of the league? League fees. Transaction Fees. Penalty fees for salary cap violations...........
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.