damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

For the original MTFFL.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Oompa Midgets »

I've always been a proponent of exchanging players in later games. It sucks having one of your players play Sunday or Monday night with a QUE tag, them not playing and getting stuck with a 0.
User avatar
wagordy
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Name: Will Gordy
MTFFL: Nashville Salamanders *2010*
Location: Stuck in Paydirt!!!

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by wagordy »

I was too lazy to look it up, and I had never forgotten before (at least to not this extent). So I wasnt quite sure.

However the rule is 13 years old and was only designed to assist the commish who had to manually input the lineups. It is now automated.
Nashville Salamanders, the only team to win a division with a sub .500 record.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Jonathan S. »

It is 13 years old, and that's why it is surprising that you forgot to set your lineup correctly. And Anthony, how about not starting someone who is questionable? That's what the bench is for, and you may very well avoid a zero.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Jonathan S. wrote:It is 13 years old which is surprising that you forgot to set the lineup. And Anthony, how about not starting someone who is questionable? That's what the bench is for, and you may very well avoid a zero.
I'd like to see you sit your best players that are QUE.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Jonathan S. »

I sat Antonio Gates in both leagues last week when he was questionable for a 3:30 pm kickoff.

Anything else you'd like to see?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Sure, go back for our 13 years and see how many times you've done it.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Jonathan S. »

Can't handle the truth?
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
Oompa Midgets
SmackBot 3000
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 2:10 pm
Name: Anthony Fowler
MTFFL: Oompa Loompas *2004,2007*
MTFFL II: Bitter Midgets *2008, 2009, 2010*
Location: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Contact:

Re: damnit, I forgot to set my lineup

Post by Oompa Midgets »

Jonathan S. wrote:Can't handle the truth?
Your vote is noted.
Post Reply