Very last play of the game......

For the original MTFFL.
User avatar
Agitator
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2759
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 4:19 pm
Name: Mick Reese
MTFFL: * none - cause that league is inferior to MTFFL2
MTFFL II: Agitated Hedgehogs *2004,2005,2007*
Location: The Pig Pen

Post by Agitator »

get em' JEFF
* began the midgets fall from success! --- 2011 *
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Woodrow, our beloved Commish likes to distort arguments and twist them to fit his mood.

He's a facist, but a lovely facist nonetheless.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

You're just wrong. I present facts and all you counter with is "bullshit". Crude debating technic.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
User avatar
Jonathan S.
God of Smack Talk
Posts: 2955
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:13 am
Name: Jonathan Smallwood
MTFFL: Sheffield Feagle Eagles *1999,2002,2003,2006,2021*
MTFFL II: Gainesboro by Gods *2006*
Location: Up in the UC

Post by Jonathan S. »

Ah, resorting to the vernacular now, huh? Well, here's a vulgarity for you....Bite an ass!

Nice disclaimer facist.
You better get on your knees and pray...Sheffield and Gainesboro are on the way.
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Im impressed with Jeffs ability to calculate numbers. Is that what a college education will do for you?? Damn I should have stayed in school!! By the way, do you have to have one of those fancy protractors or that pencil with the steel support system to do all that figuring??
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

Nice formula on your aurgument for proportional adjustments and I agree. So why then are TD's the same for real and fantasy league?

My earlier post stated that TD's in fantasy should be approximitly around 18 to 22 if we stick to our proportional argument, and that seems the case then 7 pt HFA wouldnt be anything to get uptight about, but since it is more than a TD its crazy. To say a field is worth more than a TD in the NFL would be as one great man put it..." perposterous". 7HFA pts out of a 20 pt td is 35% of the TD- no big deal.. But 7 HFA pts out of a 6 pt td is 1.16% of the TD meaning obviously it doesnt even cover it.

Answer the qustion Commish your on the High LIfe hotsit and we can handle the truth, so lets hear hear it.
I dont want to seem like I am ganging up on the Commish because as we all know he does a Great job and I would be the first to buy him a bear but the logic isnt adding up.

If it is maybe you or someone else can help me understand.
The Guru
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:29 pm
Name: Shane Eldridge
MTFFL: Riverboat Gamblers *2014*
MTFFL II: Las Vegas Gamblers
Location: Las Vegas

Post by The Guru »

....buy him a beer not a bear, but a bear if he wanted it.
User avatar
woody
Smack Room Regular
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Name: Jason Woody
MTFFL: Nashville Knuckledraggers
Location: I'm right here man

Post by woody »

First, let me say that I truly appreciate all the time and effort that Jeff puts in to making the MTFFL the best fantasy league out there, bar none. (I'm hoisting a glass of beer for the Commish. Okay, not really, I'm at work, but I will at the Preds game tonight!) Also, I am all for keeping the rules that distinguish ours from other leagues in place.

I don't feel as if anything I said has been taken out of context or distorted. However, I think that something might have been misunderstood. For the record, I am 100% against turning this into a TD/FG/XP only league.

I think there are several good points in this thread, and truthfully, despite my wish to see it reduced, it won't bother me if HFA stays where it is. As much as I enjoy a healthy argument, message boards are tricky places to do that because sarcasm just doesn't come across. Maybe instead we could all get together and discuss it over a few bottles of cheap vodka? I feel that is clearly the only solution. (Please note intended sarcasm) :wink-thumb:

Again, cheers to Jeff for his dedication!
Cover it with gas and set it on fire!
User avatar
the Man, the Myth...
Smack Talking Beast
Posts: 643
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Name: John Flatt
MTFFL: Putnam Punishers *2012, 2013, 2016*
MTFFL II: Smyrna Havoc *2011, 2012*
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

Post by the Man, the Myth... »

Yes, I agree, my sarcasm may have come off as hateful or spiteful. But it was meant all in jest. Apologies to anyone I may have offended. And it is the best league I have played in also.
wolfe
The Commish
Posts: 3620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:52 pm
Name: Jeff Wolfe
MTFFL: Z-Town Zippers *1998, 2018*
MTFFL II: Beer Swillers
Location: MTFFL International Headquarters
Contact:

Post by wolfe »

Thanks for the kind words. We just don't agree on this topic - and probably never will.
The rules are fair. The regulations are fair.
Post Reply